In this episode, Kim chats about…
- What you’re really telling yourself and others when you ask for permission
- How to bring stakeholders into the conversation without giving up your power
- Why women have been trained for generations to ask permission
- Who in your life gets to have an opinion on what you want to do with your life
“I know, for me, that by sticking to my gut of what I wanted, that I was able to overcome the naysayers and choose the life that I wanted and that I don’t have to ask for permission to chase after any of my dreams.“
Kim’s Top Tips
- Make the switch from “can we…” to stating your point.
- Be kind enough to have the difficult conversations and get your partner’s input, but be sure to initiate those discussions by stating very clearly what it is that you want.
- Love yourself enough to make the shift so you’re not acting out of an ‘asking for permission’ mentality.
You can follow Kim’s journey on Instagram at @KimStrobelJoy and in the free private She Finds Joy Facebook community at kimstrobel.com/shefindsjoy. And don’t forget to like, share, and subscribe to the podcast!