In this episode, Kim and Felecia are taking on…
- The question adults commonly ask children that shuts down their ability to get creative with their opportunities
- The tough lessons Felecia learned early in her entrepreneurial career that helped set her up for success as a leadership speaker
- Why it’s so important to act on the ideas, inspiration, and intuitions you receive
“If I would have listened to everyone and what they were saying if I would’ve just followed the mold of what society tells you what’s acceptable and what creates you these pathways to colleges and universities and opportunities, I wouldn’t be talking to you. I probably would be saying like, ‘Hey Kim, do you want fries with that?’ because that’s what my guidance counselor told me.”
– Felecia Hatcher
Top Tips from Kim and Felecia
- Give yourself permission to chase after the things you’re passionate about.
- If you can’t be number one or two in a niche, build your own niche.
- When you see an answer to a social problem and can’t answer the question “if not me, who else can do this?” – that’s your moment of obligation to bring that solution to fruition.
You can follow Kim’s journey on Instagram at @KimStrobelJoy and in the free private, She Finds Joy Facebook community at kimstrobel.com/shefindsjoy. And don’t forget to like, share, and subscribe to the podcast!
ABOUT FELECIA HATCHER
Felecia Hatcher is a White House Award winning entrepreneur, badass business rainmaker, bestselling author of Start your Business on a Ramen Noodle Budget, globally sought-after speaker, media darling, mother, and Founder of Tribe CoWork and Urban Innovation Lab,Code Fever and BlackTechWeek….. She is also the rather awesome former Chief Popsicle at Feverish Pops, a gourmet ice pop boutique and manufacturing brand with a Fortune 500 client roster that would make your head spin prior to becoming an entrepreneur Felecia was a marketing executive working for big brands like Nintendo, Sony, Wells Fargo, Mckee Foods and the NBA.