In this episode of the She Finds Joy podcast, Kim talks with Monica Reinagel. Monica is a talented nutritionist who teaches self-love and how to form healthy eating habits that are sustainable in the long-term.
Monica has her work cut out for her when Kim tells her about her old daily habit—eating four Hostess cupcakes before bedtime. Kim still struggles with that sugar addition. But Monica doesn’t like to call it an addiction. Instead, she shifts the focus toward strengthening mindsets, building an environment that supports goals, and creating healthy habits and a lifestyle that leads to healthy body weight without dieting. We focus too much on what we eat, rather than on how we can change our behavior and the driving forces behind our behaviors.
Monica wants to end fad diets once and for all. Remember—anything that you don’t think you can do for the rest of your life is barely worth doing in the first place.
Listen On: iTunes | Google Play | Stitcher | Spotify
In today’s episode, Kim and Monica talk about…
- Why people know what to do when it comes to healthy eating habits, but they can’t seem to make it happen.
- Why very little of this has to do with what you do or don’t know about nutrition.
- The science of behavior changes.
- How to create sustainable habits and outcomes.
- Letting go of black-and-white thinking when it comes to enjoying food.
“People usually know what to do when it comes to eating habits, the problem is they struggle to consistently do it.” - Monica Reinagel
- Website/Newsletter: Nutritionovereasy.com
- Nutrition GPA App - It can help you make better food choices in a more consistent and nonperfectionist way. (NutritionGPA.com).
- 7-day Mindset Reset Video Series - Lose the dieter's mindset that can be counterproductive to health.
- Monica has two podcasts
- Nutrition Diva
- Change Academy
Monica Reinagel is a licensed nutritionist and host of the Nutrition Diva podcast. Through her online workshops and coaching programs, she helps people make positive and lasting changes in their health, nutrition, and eating habits.
Kim Strobel is Chief Happiness Officer at Kim Strobel Live Events and Retreats. She is a teacher, consultant, motivational speaker, happiness coach, and a mission-minded person whose passion helps others overcome their fears and discover their joy!
You can follow Kim’s journey on Instagram at @KimStrobelJoy, and in the free private, She Finds Joy Facebook community.
Love this episode and want to continue the conversation with me and other like minded individuals? Join the free private, She Finds Joy Facebook community.