The reason you can’t create behavior change or habit change in your life has nothing to do with you or your willpower. It has to do with your system. Having a goal isn’t enough to achieve the result. And the size of your goal doesn’t correlate with the size of your results.
Instead, put your energy into building a system to support your success in your habits. You might have a system for reading each night before you go to bed. A system for when, how long, and where you exercise. Creating systems is the foundation to you implementing new behaviors and habits in your life. This is where you need to spend your energy—in the system.
Listen On: iTunes | Google Play | Stitcher | Spotify
In this episode of the She Finds Joy podcast, learn why:
- It’s not about goals, it’s about systems.
- The problem isn’t your willpower; it’s your system. Are you creating an environment or ritual that sets you up for success?
- Breakthroughs come suddenly after repeating a system, not all at once while chasing a goal.
- Habits act like compound interest when it comes to getting results.
- Your outcomes directly correlate with the measure of the habits that you have in your life.
- Downloading a new set of beliefs changes your next right action.
- The trick isn’t to have massive willpower; the trick is to create an environment where it’s easier to make the right choices. This is your system.
" You don't rise to the level of your goals, you fall to the level of your systems." - James Clear
Kim Strobel is Chief Happiness Officer at Kim Strobel Live Events and Retreats. She is a teacher, consultant, motivational speaker, happiness coach, and a mission-minded person whose passion is helping others overcome their fears and discover their joy! You can follow Kim’s journey on Instagram at @KimStrobelJoy and in the free private, She Finds Joy Facebook community.
Love this episode and want to continue the conversation with me and other like minded individuals? Join the free private, She Finds Joy Facebook community.