In this episode, Kim interviews Lindsay Bryan-Podvin, a licensed financial therapist. She helps people get their mind and money in balance using financial psychology.
Lindsay explains our mindsets around money and how psychology and emotions play a bigger role than we think—it’s not all budgeting and bookkeeping. Kim and Lindsay break down some of the limiting beliefs we all tend to hold about money, and dig into how they affect our ability to find peace, freedom, and happiness.
Tune in to hear Lindsay share:
- Why money is mostly emotional and psychological, and less about the strategy of bookkeeping.
- The four financial archetypes and how they shape our relationship to money.
- Why wanting and having money isn’t a bad thing!
- What things from your past could be impacting your relationship with money and your money mindset.
- What women need to know when it comes to breaking down old social constructs and systemic beliefs around money.
- The research on the correlation between the amount of money you earn and your levels of happiness.
“Understanding money is more than financial literacy, although that is important. It’s deeper and has much to do with your mindset.”
Check out this Episode on Youtube as well.
Lindsay Bryan-Podvin is a biracial financial therapist, speaker, podcaster, and author. As the first financial therapist in Michigan, she combines financial literacy with the emotional and psychological side of money. She’s passionate about helping couples and individuals learn how to get their mind and money in balance. In addition to her clinical work, she also helps other private practice therapists cultivate a healthy relationship with money so they grow sustainable and profitable businesses!
Kim Strobel is Chief Happiness Officer at Kim Strobel Live Events and Retreats. She is a teacher, consultant, motivational speaker, happiness coach, and a mission-minded person whose passion is helping others overcome their fears and discover their joy!
Love this episode and want to continue the conversation with me and other like minded individuals? Join the free private, She Finds Joy Facebook community.