In this episode, Kim talks about…
- Life’s many fears and how they prevent many of us from taking action and showing up for the things that matter the most to us.
- How it’s totally normal to feel fearful, but we can’t let it control our lives.
- Kim’s experiences with her panic disorder and the very hard work she needed to put in to overcome it and shine brighter than ever before.
- The importance of putting your own well being first, no matter how scary it might be.
“You’re going to feel uncomfortable. You might fail and you might flop, but what you realize is the fear of failing or flop is not as big as the fear of not going after what you want.”
Kim’s Top Tips To Face Your Fears
- Lean into productive struggles—you will need to go through difficult situations in order to grow as a person, and that’s alright.
- Understand that you have a right to ask for what you need, whether it’s in your marriage, your friends, or even from your hairdresser. Never make yourself smaller to please others.
- Know that it is always worth it to try—and fail—rather than never try at all.
You can follow Kim’s journey on Instagram at @KimStrobelJoy and in the free private She Finds Joy Facebook community at kimstrobel.com/shefindsjoy. And don’t forget to like, share, and subscribe to the podcast!