In this episode, Kim and Maggie talk about…
- The importance of actively building your life and pursuing the things you want—you either happen to life, or life happens to you.
- Why we need to set goals and choose priorities. Your goal may be happiness, or a better marriage, or owning your own business, but no matter what it is, you have to work for it.
- How crucial it is to form a partnership in your marriage. You’re in this life together, after all!
“…for any area in your life where you feel stuck, there is an unmade decision. What
we do, is we just need to get curious and see ‘what is the decision I haven’t made that would solve this problem?’ ‘What does this decision I haven’t made that would move me forward?’”
– Maggie Reyes
Maggie’s top tips for improving your marriage:
- Understand that you need to actively decide to make your marriage better. It’s not going to happen on it’s own.
- Know that you deserve a five-star, luxurious marriage that fills you with joy.
- Develop a deep friendship with your partner—it’s the core of every thriving, loving relationship.
- Realize that there are three legs to every marriage: partnership, perspective, and pleasure.
- Practice playfulness in your marriage! There’s no reason to take everything too seriously.
You can follow Kim’s journey on Instagram at @KimStrobelJoy and in the free private, She Finds Joy Facebook community at kimstrobel.com/shefindsjoy. And don’t forget to like, share, and subscribe to the podcast!
ABOUT MAGGIE REYES
Maggie Reyes is a Life Coach and Marriage Mentor who specializes in helping driven, ambitious women create the marriages of their dreams. Her playful and practical approach to love and marriage takes the principles of cognitive psychology and luxury hospitality and uses them to teach her clients the most effective ways to break destructive patterns and develop the mindsets and habits that make relationships thrive. Maggie lives in Miami with her husband, Mariano, whom she met on Christmas Day. If you want to learn how to stop doing the things that poison the love in a relationship and start doing the things that make love stronger, you can find the tools to start becoming your best loving self at MaggieReyes.com.